Upholstery Cleaning Services for Seattle & Greater Eastside
Our Steam-Cleaning Service Use Exceptional Equipment & Eco-Friendly Products
TRUCK MOUNT STEAM UPHOLSTERY CLEANING WITH HOT SOAPY WATER! ZERO RESIDUE, BIO-DEGRADABLE & ECO-FRIENDLY.
Anderson Carpet Cleaning is the top notch furniture and upholstery cleaner in the Seattle Metro or Greater Eastside area. Our technicians deliver nothing less than exceptional upholstery service and use only the best equipment and products available.
Remember, all upholstery fabrics are different and can't be cleaned the same way. Before using a store-bought spotter, check the labels on your furniture. Furniture makers now attach tags with cleaning codes noted. "W" means it is wet-cleanable, "S" means solvent-clean, "W/S" means either wet or solvent clean and finally "X" means dry vacuum only. No type of cleaning agent whatsoever can be used on this type of fabric. Generally, cleaning should be done between 1 and 2 years depending on the furniture's location, use and exposure to soiling. The American Furniture Manufacturers Association states that if a fabric is exposed to excessive or heavy soiling, it may be permanently stained.
Our goal is to remove normal soiling without changing the color, texture or finish of a fabric.
Before cleaning, you should tell the technician how old the furniture is, if you have used any spotters or cleaners on it yourself or if the piece has ever been reupholstered.
Depending on the type of fabric, different methods of cleaning will be used by us.
Dry solvent cleaning is thought of as the safest method. The upholstery shampoo method is quick & effective and dries quickly. Dry foam cleaning is similar to the shampoo method but it uses less moisture so it dries even faster. Hot water extraction cleaning is the most effective way to remove heavy soils, provided the fabric is compatible with this method. This is also the preferred method for restorative cleaning and for sanitized cleaning.
Applying fabric protection can increase the life of your upholstery. However, it does not eliminate the need for proper fabric care. It doesn't put a plastic cover on it. Loose dirt should still be vacuumed up on a regular basis and spills and stains should be cleaned away as quickly as possible.
Contact Lisa for exceptional upholstery cleaning service in Seattle and beyond. Call us at 425-427-1639 today.
Here are a few upholstered items we can clean
- One of the best ways to prevent colors from fading is to keep your furniture out of direct sunlight.
- Vacuum your upholstered furniture as much as possible. Remember, dust settles on upholstery just as much as it does on a hard surface such as a floor or a shelf of knickknacks.
- Avoid leaving newspapers on your furniture. Ink can accumulate and is very hard to remove.
- Don't cover your upholstery with dark-colored blankets or sheets. The dyes can rub off onto other fabric when dry or bleed when wet.
- For high-use furniture, it's a good idea to beat the cushions (often) and then vacuum and rotate them. This can help in distributing the wear. Do not remove cushion covers for dry cleaning or machine washing even if they have zippers.