Painting a carpeted room can be a nerve-racking experience (which is why I don’t do it myself). When your worst fears come true and a paintbrush, roller or entire can of latex paint takes a nosedive from your hand or the ladder. If you can’t get your favorite carpet cleaner out there that second…
You’ll need the following items:
- A sponge or absorbent washcloth
- Cold and lukewarm water
- Mild dishwashing detergent
Follow these steps to get latex paint out of your carpet:
- Blot as much latex paint as you can with a dry sponge or washcloth.
- Rinse out the sponge or washcloth, and then soak it in cold water.
- Blot up more paint.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 until you can’t get anymore paint out of the carpet.
- Mix a cup of lukewarm water with a teaspoon of dishwashing detergent.
- Soak the sponge or washcloth in the warm, soapy water.
- Call your favorite carpet cleaning company and schedule a cleaning.